Can You Use an Air Fryer to Reheat Fried Chicken?
No matter where you go around the world, our obsession with fried chicken is evident in almost every culture on the planet. From the US, UK, Europe, China, Japan, Africa and South America, chickens are being fried almost non-stop.
With so many people cooking, and buying, fried chicken, we are bound to have leftovers every once in a while. But reheating fried chicken is no easy task. Often our methods have questionable results, falling somewhere between soggy, dry, and burnt.
Methods For Reheating Fried Chicken
Let’s go through the most popular ways of warming last night’s feast.
Reheat Fried Chicken In Oven
Reheating in the oven is probably the most frequently used method. But, if we’re being honest with ourselves, this does take ages. But time is not the only drawback to this method. Often the meat is dry as a bone before the skin gets nice and crispy. And there’s nothing worse than chicken drier than the Saharan sand.
Reheat Fried Chicken In Microwave
Reheating in the microwave is no better though. Microwaves work by vibrating the water molecules in the food to produce heat. This means you piece of fried chicken will literally cook from the inside. So, whilst the meat is juicy and tender, the skin is a soggy, mushy mess. Let’s face it the crispy skin is the best part!
Reheat Fried Chicken In Air Fryer
Luckily, there IS a way to restore you piece of fried chicken to its former glory with succulent meat AND the crunchy exterior we all know and love. That is of course our reliable air fryer!
- Place your piece(s) of leftover chicken into the air fryer, making sure the piece(s) do not touch.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius) for 8 minutes turning the chicken halfway through.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken using a meat thermometer to ensure it is heated through thoroughly.
- The fried chicken is done when the thermometer shows at least 165 Fahrenheit or 74 Celsius.
- Serve immediately for best results.
Available On Amazon
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Bella Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Leftover fried chicken will keep in the fridge for about 4 days. Do not eat chicken that has been sat in the fridge for longer than this.
- You should not reheat chicken more than once as it can make you ill. Only reheat your fried chicken when you are ready to eat it.
- Do Not overcrowd the basket. The hot air needs to circulate around the pieces for an even cook.
- Cooking time is an average. Different size pieces may require slightly different cooking times. Use a meat thermometer to check if you are unsure.
- If reheating in batches, try to place similar size pieces in together for an even cook.
If you are looking for a few inspirational ideas on how to use your air fryer to its full potential, then have a browse through our recipe section.
Alternatively, check out some of our most popular favorites here at MasterTheAirFryer.com!
- Home-made Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Air Fryer Meatballs
Whether you are reheating leftovers or cooking from scratch, an Air Fryer is essential product for all kitchens across the globe.
If you liked this article, why not check out our guide on how to reheat pizza in an air fryer too.