How To Cook Frozen Popcorn Chicken In Air Fryer!
If you are searching for the ultimate air fryer snack or appetizer, then look no further than the classic popcorn chicken!
Crunchy and tasty bites of happiness can be on your plate in just 12 minutes!
These little treats can be served with any of your favorite dipping sauces from sweet chili to ketchup. Even gravy works very well!
- 1 lb Frozen Popcorn Chicken
- Dipping Sauce (whatever you like!)
For this recipe we are obviously going to need an air fryer. There are many wonderful appliances on the market today as well as some not so good ones. Whether you do not have an air fryer yet, or are looking to upgrade your current machine, we highly suggest you check out our air fryer reviews section to find your ideal air fryer. Or feel free to have a look at our most popular air fryer reviews, such as:-
- Bella Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Pink Air Fryer Reviews
- Philips Premium Air Fryer XXL Review
- ChefMan TurboFry XL Air Fryer Review
We also recommend that you invest in some silicone utensils for use with your air fryer. The vast majority of air fryer baskets or pots have a non-stick coating that helps your air fryer last longer. However, if you are using stainless steel or any other metal utensils you can easily and accidentally chip away at this protective layer. This will result in bits of the coating ending up in your food and also make your appliance a nightmare to clean.
Silicone utensils are much gentler on your machine and can increase the longevity of your air fryer. Here are some of our favorites available on amazon.
You do not need to add any oil to cook popcorn chicken. Not even a spritz! Just add them to your air fryer basket as they are, and they will be perfect.
Be sure to spread the popcorn chicken evenly across the bottom of your air fryer so that they cook evenly, and every piece gets crispy.
There is no need to defrost them before cooking, regardless of which brand they are. Cook from frozen for best results.
- Remove 1 lb of frozen popcorn chicken from the packet into a bowl.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Once air fryer has come up to temperature, add the frozen popcorn chicken to the air fryer basket in a single layer or no more than 2 rows deep. Depending on the size of your air fryer and how many popcorn chicken pieces you are cooking, you may need to do multiple batches.
- Air fry for approx. 12 minutes at 400° You must give the basket a good shake every 4 minutes to make sure the popcorn chicken does not stick together. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through and will also give them beautifully crisped exterior.
- Plate up with a small pot of dipping sauce.
- Serve immediately whilst still hot for best results.
Can you store leftover cooked popcorn chicken in the fridge?
Yes! You must make sure to wait for them to cool down to room temperature first. Then simply place them into an air tight container and they will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Can you store leftover cooked popcorn chicken in the freezer?
No! Once cooked, or even once defrosted, you must never re-freeze this product as they will spoil. You can store defrosted or cooked popcorn chicken in the fridge for up to 2 days, as above.
How do you reheat leftover popcorn chicken that has been stored in the fridge?
Simply preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C) as you did when you cooked them initially. However, they will only take 3-4 minutes to reheat. This is just to warm them through and also get them crispy again.
And there you have it! A fantastically simple meal or snack is less than 15 minutes away. Once you’ve experienced the wonder of an air fryer, you may never use your oven again!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out or other super simple snack food recipes, such as:-