Roasted broccoli in air fryer has always been one of the tastiest side dishes to accompany any meal and is also one of the nation’s favorites!
Broccoli is unbelievably good for you too! Boasting an impressive array of vitamins and minerals, the nutritional benefit of this super-veg makes it among the very best things you could possibly eat.
And now, thanks to our trusty air fryer, has become even easier and quicker to create this healthy side dish perfectly every time.
Table of Contents
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 heads of broccoli or 4 cups of pre-trimmed florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil (whatever your preference)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed or powdered garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup of water
Available On Amazon
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Prepare the heads of broccoli by cutting into evenly sized florets and cutting the stem into half inch cubes. (If you are using pre-trimmed broccoli, you can skip this step!)
- Place the cooking oil, garlic, and Parmesan into a bowl and give a stir
- Add the broccoli to the bowl and toss in the mixture until evenly coated
- Then add salt and pepper to taste
- Put the ¼ cup of water in the bottom of the air fryer (below the basket in the base of the air fryer). This will stop them smoking.
- Cook for 7 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius) until lightly crispy
- Serve immediately for best results
Things to Note
You can also use frozen broccoli in air fryer with this recipe, with a few minor alterations.
First of all, there is no need to use the water in the bottom of the air fryer if using frozen broccoli florets. This is because they already contain the moisture required to prevent them from smoking. Using the water as well essentially steams them, so you don’t get the great roasted flavor!
Secondly, they will take a little longer to cook. Still cook at 400 degrees but for 9 mins instead of 7.
With the help of an air fryer, eating fresh, nutritious food has never been easier. Or tasted better!
If you enjoyed this article, why not check our other vegetable side dish recipes. Such as:-