How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
Taco Tuesday has never been so delicious with this amazing Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos Recipe.
Shrimp tacos are a firm family favorite in many houses across the country and with good reason. They are light, fresh, and simply delicious! And now, with the help of our trusty air fryer, can also be quick and simple to prepare.
With a drizzle of our smooth and creamy homemade Aioli, your friends and family will be convinced you moonlight as a taco truck chef!
Choosing An Air Fryer
For this air fryer shrimp tacos recipe, we are obviously going to need an air fryer. There has been an explosion in recent years in the popularity of healthy eating including interest in air fryers. This explosion in popularity has been accompanied with an explosion in the number of appliances available on the market today.
There are of course some air fryers that are good and some that are not. It can often be hard to find the right air fryer for you. But have no fear!
Head over to our reviews section where we break down the best appliances with all the information you need to make an informed decision. Or you could check out some of our more popular reviews. Such as :-
- Bella Air Fryers
- Brentwood Air Fryers
- Glass Air Fryers
- Philips Premium XXL Air Fryer
- Chefman Turbofry XL Air Fryer
Ingredients (12 Tacos, Serves 4)
- 1 lb Peeled, Deveined Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 12 Corn Taco Shells
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- ½ Cup Finely Diced Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
Ingredients Available On Amazon
|Light Brown Sugar|
|Corn Taco Shells|
Instructions – Shrimp Tacos
- First things first, if you are using frozen shrimp, these will need to be defrosted. The easiest way is to move them from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before using this recipe. If you forget, you can run them under the cold tap until thawed.
- Place the shrimp, oil, chili powder, cumin, light brown sugar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper into a gallon Ziploc bag and mix gently. Leave the shrimp to sit in the spices for 5 minutes to absorb all that fantastic flavor.
- Air fry at 400°F (204°C) for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Depending on the size of your shrimp and air fryer they may take slightly more or less time.
- Now it’s time to assemble your shrimp tacos. Start with the shredded purple cabbage and the shrimp.
- Next add the sliced avocado and finely diced red onion.
- Finish with some chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve and enjoy!
These air fryer shrimp tacos are perfectly topped off with this beautiful homemade Aioli. With a little spice and a smooth, creamy texture, this Aioli brightens up each mouthful. This is optional of course, but we cannot recommend it highly enough!
Ingredients – Aioli
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional but recommended)
Instructions – Aioli
By far, the easiest way to make this beautiful Aioli is with a food processor. You simply ad all the ingredients and pulse gently until smooth and creamy.
If you are looking for a small, inexpensive option, we recommend this excellent appliance available on Amazon. Check it out!
You can also create this Aioli by hand. The first step is to finely chop the garlic cloves. The finer the better here!
Then add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir thoroughly until everything is combined and smooth as silk.
Drizzle a spoonful of the Aioli onto each shrimp taco for maximum taste!
Always cook your shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer. Do not double stack. This prevents the air from circulating around the shrimp and they will not cook evenly.
One excellent idea is to line the bottom of the air fryer with a parchment paper. This not only prevents the shrimp from sticking to the bottom but will also minimize the clean up required. Although not essential, it does help.
You should never use metal utensils in an air fryer. The interior of the air fryer and the basket are coated in a non-stick surface and no matter how careful you are, it is extremely easily to chip this coating away. Once that coating is chipped it will begin to peel and cleaning your appliance will become a nightmare!
Instead, use silicone utensils, as these have enough flex in them to not damage the non-stick coating.
Accessories Available On Amazon
|Small Food Procesor|
|Mixing Bowl Set|
|Parchment Liners (Round)|
|Parchment Liners (Square)|
These wonderful air fryer shrimp tacos will keep your friends and family screaming for more. Nothing beats the taste of the taco truck. With an air fryer, they have never been simpler to recreate.
If you enjoyed this recipe then why not check out our other favorites such as:-