Table of Contents
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Perfectly seasoned potato wedges have never been easier or healthier than with the trusty air fryer!
Air fryer potato wedges are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. All the taste of your favorite fried snack without all the calories associated with deep frying. Yet much more flavorful than baked in a traditional oven.
Whether you enjoy potato wedges as a side dish to a main meal, or just a mid afternoon snack, with the air fryer they have never been tastier or healthier!
Ingredients (16 wedges)
For this simple, yet effective, side dish we shall need.
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoon of cooking oil (whatever your preference is)
- Crushed or powdered garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon
- Chili Flakes, ½ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Grated Parmesan, 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Parsley, ½ tablespoon
Available On Amazon
The key to crispy, tender potato wedges is the prep work. First start by slicing your potatoes in half length-ways. The slice each half into quarters, and each quarter into an eighth. Repeat with each potato.
Now that we have our 16 wedges, we need to plump them up! Simply put them in a bowl and fill with cold water making sure they are completely covered. These will need to soak for 30 minutes.
Once 30 minutes has past, drain the water off and pat them dry. We are now ready for the main event!
For this recipe, you will of course need an air fryer. If you do not have an air fryer, or are thinking of upgrading your current appliance, then check out our air fryer review section here.
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Put the cooking oil, garlic, paprika, and chili flakes into a large bowl.
- Add the potato wedges and toss them in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius). Give the basket a shake every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Put the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley in a bowl.
- Whilst still hot, add the potato wedges and toss until evenly coated with the topping.
- For best results, serve immediately with sour cream or ketchup.
Things To Note
The potato wedges must be placed in a single layer whilst cooking. Otherwise, they will not go crispy. Depending on the size of your air fryer (and potatoes!) you may have to cook these in 2 batches.
These wonderful air fryer potato wedges can be enjoyed with just a simple pot of dipping sauce as a snack, served with other finger food, or used as a vegetable side dish to create a hearty entree.
Some of our favorite dipping sauces are, mayonnaise, ketchup, BBQ, pesto, or Hoisin.
There are plenty of finger foods that can be served alongside these air fryer potato wedges. Here are a few ideas to get you started, Chicken Nuggets, Meatballs on a stick, bagel bites, breaded mushrooms etc.
Potato wedges pair nicely with virtually any protein. Here are some of our favorites:-
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
With the help of an air fryer, eating fresh, nutritious food has never been easier, or tasted better! And this air fryer potato wedges recipe is no different. Far crunchier and flavorful than roasting in the oven whilst containing only a fraction of the fat than their deep fried counterparts. What could be better!?
If you enjoyed this article, why not check our other vegetable side dish recipes. Such as:-