How To Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
These air fryer mushrooms are rich and flavorful and with the help of our air fryer now super simple and easy to make. Making vegetable side dishes in the air fryer is one of our favorite uses for this wonderful counter top appliance. And mushrooms are no exception!
Mushrooms are an often-overlooked vegetable, but we are here to try and change that. I’m sure there are many of us that weren’t particularly fond of mushrooms but the reason for this is more than likely that we just didn’t know how to cook them properly.
This truth is that mushrooms are unique in that they aren’t actually a vegetable, they are a fungus. This gives them a natural earthy, meaty taste that can be fantastic when cooked appropriately.
This meatiness goes exceptionally well with garlic, and in our opinion, you should never cook mushrooms without garlic. The sweetness of the garlic pairs beautifully with the earthiness of the mushrooms. A true winning combination!
And now that your mouth is watering and you’re super hungry, let’s learn how to prepare this wonderful air fryer mushrooms recipe.
For this recipe we are obviously going to need an air fryer. There are many wonderful appliances on the market today as well as some not so good ones. Whether you do not have an air fryer yet, or are looking to upgrade your current machine, we highly suggest you check out our air fryer reviews section to find your ideal air fryer.
Here are a few of our most popular air fryer reviews articles, why not check them out!
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Chefman Turbofry XL Review
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder / paste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Mushrooms – For the mushrooms, these can be any type you like. Whether it be button mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms. The truth is whatever you prefer IS what’s best!
Olive oil – You can use standard extra virgin olive oil and garlic powder. But another alternative is to try a roasted garlic flavor olive oil. This means you do not have to use the garlic powder but still get the roasted garlic flavor into your mushrooms. We prefer this as it adds a warm sweetness that is hard to replicate without actual cloves of garlic and an hour or so to roast them!
Soy Sauce – We use soy sauce here simply because it is a staple of our pantry. Yet there are some flavorful alternatives that also produce an excellent tasty mushroom dish. You could try using Tamari sauce, or even, Worcestershire sauce too!
Available On Amazon
|Roasted Garlic Olive Oil|
- Chop the mushrooms into halves or quarters depending on their size. You should be aiming for roughly the size of a grape. Try to make the pieces as even as possible to ensure they cook at the same speed.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, rosemary, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Stir through to make sure the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Toss the mushrooms in the mixture until they are evenly coated and have absorbed all that lovely flavor.
- Place the coated mushrooms into the air fryer basket. Make sure they are in a single layer so that they cook evenly. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do multiple batches.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes making sure to give the basket a shake halfway through cooking.
- Serve while still hot and enjoy!
These wonderful air fryer mushrooms will go with virtually any dish. Whether you are combining them other vegetable dishes for the perfect vegan or vegetarian meal or serving them up along side your favorite protein. You really can’t go wrong with his dish and the choices are endless. But here are a few of our favorites:-
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
This air fryer mushrooms recipe is absolutely perfect for any occasion, breakfast, lunch, and dinner! With an earthy, meaty flavor they will soon become one of your favorites too!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other fantastic vegetable side dishes, such as:-