How to cook French Toast in an Air Fryer
We all know the old adage, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. But now with help of our air fryer it can also be the tastiest.
There is nothing quite like a fluffy slice of air fryer French toast to will you out of bed in the mornings. And now, thanks to the air fryer making this a reality is easier than ever!
Ingredients (4 slices)
For this simple, yet effective, breakfast dish we shall need.
- 4 Slices of thick white bread (for those of us with a sweet tooth, brioche works well too!)
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of whole milk
- Granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract. 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
Optional Toppings (You really can’t go wrong here!)
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
Available On Amazon
For this recipe, you will of course need an air fryer. If you do not have an air fryer, or are thinking of upgrading your current appliance, then check out our air fryer review section here.
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Put the eggs, milk, sugar vanilla, and cinnamon into a shallow baking tray.
- Beat the ingredients with a fork until the mixture is smooth.
- Dip the bread in the mixture, both sides, and ensure it is completely covered. Give a little shake to get rid of the excess.
- Place in the air fryer basket ensuring that no pieces are touching. Depending on the size of your air fryer these will probably have to cook in batches.
- Cook for 4 minutes each side at 370 degrees Fahrenheit (185 Celsius).
- Serve while hot with whichever toppings you wish!
Things To Note
A fun twist on this would be to slice you bread into 3 strips to make soldiers. Perfect for dipping in your syrup!
Why not change up the flavors by substituting almond or coconut milk. Replace the vanilla with chopped almond or desiccated coconut.
With the help of an air fryer, breakfast has never been easier, quicker, or tastier!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check our some of our other favorite recipes, such as:-