How To Make Air Fryer Carrots
One of the best foods to cook in an air fryer is vegetables. They are somehow tastier, more flavorful and almost fresher than roasting, all while being healthier. Air fryer carrots are no different!
Air fryer carrots are quick, simple, and easy, and are the perfect side dish to accompany any protein. They can be cooked and served in less than 20 minutes which makes them perfect for an everyday meal. They come out tender with slightly crispy edges and the whole family (including the kids!) will love them, guaranteed! The garlic and lemon in this recipe bring out the fresh, naturally sweet flavor of the carrots.
The health benefits of using less oil in cooking are well known at this point. It’s for this reason that the air fryer has grown massively in popularity over the last few years. However, this explosion in popularity has also led to an explosion in the number of appliances available. There are some excellent machines out there but unfortunately, there are also some terrible ones. Please check out our air fryer reviews section to avoid the bad ones. Here are some of our most recommended air fryers on the market today:-
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Chefman TurboFry XL Review
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder / garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Available On Amazon
- Start by preparing the carrots. Peel them, then chop them into batons approx. 2 inches long. Try to make them as uniform as possible as this will help them cook at the same rate.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add the carrot batons and stir well, making sure the carrots are completely and evenly coated in the seasoning.
- Place the glazed carrots in the air fryer and cook for 15-18 minutes. If the basket looks too crowded, you may have to do 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Give the basket a good shake every 3-5 minutes to ensure an even cook.
- Check your carrots with a fork to ensure they are cooked through. If not, cook for a further few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This wonderful vegetable side dish will go well with any protein you fancy but here are a few of our top picks:-
Reheating Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
Air fryer roasted carrots are best eaten immediately. However, sometimes our eyes are bigger than our stomachs and we can’t eat it all in one go.
Reheating this wonderful vegetable side dish could not be simpler. All you have to do is preheat the air fryer to 390°F (200°C). Once the air fryer comes up to temperature, add your leftover carrots and heat through for just 5 minutes. Easy as can be!
This air fryer carrots recipe is quickly becoming one of our favorite vegetable side dishes. They have a sweet, roasted flavor is accentuated by the lemon and the garlic to really make the freshness “pop”. This will rapidly become a staple of your weekday dinners and you will absolutely NOT regret it!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other vegetable side dish recipes. Such as:-