Roasted Air Fryer Cabbage
Air Fryer Cabbage is a wonderfully tasty and super healthy side dish that is quick and simple to prepare. With just some olive oil and seasoning, this vegetable side dish can be cooked in just 15 minutes. These can be used as a side dish or even added to salads and soups. This air fryer cabbage recipe is fantastically versatile.
Cabbage is a firm family favorite in the green veggies category it is extremely nutritious and absolutely delicious. This is a pretty basic cabbage recipe but please feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices. You could even add some melted cheese or chopped bacon for some extra tastiness.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Available On Amazon
|Apple Cider Vinegar|
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Bella Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Our first step is to prepare the head of cabbage. Start by cutting in half, top to bottom, then into quarters. You should end up with, essentially, cabbage wedges.
- Some people don’t particularly like the core of a cabbage so this can be removed from wedge nice and easily at this stage. This step is optional based purely on personal taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Toss the cabbage quarters in the mixture until completely coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Place the seasoned cabbage quarters into the air fryer basket. Ensure that the wedges are not touching each other to allow the hot air to circulate properly for an even cook. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do two batches.
- Roast in the air fryer for 12-14 minutes making sure to give the basket a shake halfway through to prevent the cabbage from sticking.
- Serve immediately while still hot!
This delicious, roasted air fryer cabbage dish will pair well with any protein. Whether it be meat or fish, you really can’t go wrong! Some of our personal favorite pairings are:-
Air Fryer cabbage is also a wonderful ingredient to add to hearty homemade soups. The truth is most roasted vegetables make excellent soup ingredients. Why not check out some of our other air fryer vegetable recipes. Such as:-
This wonderful air fryer cabbage side dish can also be added to a grain bowl with other vegetables for a fantastically healthy winter salad. Here are a few ideas to get you started but really, whatever you have on hand will work well!
Can you store leftovers in the fridge?
Yes! Air fryer cabbage will keep well in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can you store leftovers in the freezer?
Yes! Place your leftover cabbage on a baking tray and pop the baking tray into the freezer. Once these have frozen transfer them into a freezer bag. This stops the air fryer cabbage freezing into one giant clump. They will keep for up to a month.
How do you reheat leftover air fryer cabbage?
Reheating any leftover cabbage is pretty straight forward. Simply place in your air fryer and cook at 400°F (204°C) for 3-5 minutes if refrigerated, or 6-8 minutes if frozen.
Roasted Air fryer Cabbage is a wonderfully healthy side dish that can be used in a variety of interesting ways. This includes being used in salads or even soups. They are packed full of flavor as well as vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. An all-round winner on every front!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other favorite vegetarian dishes such as:-