How To Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
This wonderful air fryer Brussel sprouts recipe is quickly becoming one of our favorite vegetable side dishes. They are deliciously tasty with crispy edges that is virtually impossible to create using any other cooking method.
The humble air fryer is rapidly becoming a firm favorite appliance in many kitchens across the US and even globally. And for good reason! Not only does it make cooking simple, quick, and easy, but also has numerous health benefits. This is due to the fact you can cook using only a fraction of the oil when compared to other methods such as deep frying or even roasting. But eating healthily does not mean you have to sacrifice flavor.
The health benefits of using less oil in cooking are well known at this point. It’s for this reason that the air fryer has grown massively in popularity over the last few years. However, this explosion in popularity has also led to an explosion in the number of appliances available. There are some excellent machines out there but unfortunately, there are also some terrible ones. Please check out our air fryer reviews section to avoid the bad ones. Here are some of our most recommended air fryers on the market today:-
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Chefman TurboFry XL Review
The truth is the air fryer is the best cooking method for nearly all vegetables. They are somehow sweeter, crispier, and more flavorful than if you had roasted them in the oven. Brussel sprouts are firmly in this category. When cooked in an air fryer they have tender insides with beautifully crispy edges.
This excellent recipe brings your air fryer Brussel sprouts to the next level. Coupled with the sweetness of the shallot and the tanginess of the red wine vinegar, this will become your favorite vegetable side in no time. This wonderful side dish will go well with all proteins and may well become one of your go-to meals.
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder / garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Available On Amazon
|Red Wine Vinegar|
For this recipe we are obviously going to need an air fryer. There are many wonderful appliances on the market today as well as some not so good ones. Whether you do not have an air fryer yet, or are looking to upgrade your current machine, we highly suggest you check out our air fryer reviews section to find your ideal air fryer. Click here to find out more.
We are also going to need a small frying pan. Most of us will have something suitable in our cupboards. However, if you don’t or are interested in a new set of frying pans, have a look at our most recommended non-stick frying pan set (3-piece). Click here to find out more.
- Start by preparing the Brussel sprouts. Trim any excess stalk or unhealthy leaves. Then cut any spouts larger than an inch wide in half.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Toss the Brussel sprouts in the mix until evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Whilst waiting for the air fryer to heat up, finely dice the shallot.
- When the air fryer has reached temperature add the seasoned Brussel sprouts to the basket and air fry for 15 minutes. Make sure you give the basket a shake every 5 minutes to stop them sticking.
- In a small frying pan, add the other tablespoon olive oil, diced shallot, and teaspoon red wine vinegar. Cook this slowly on a low heat stirring occasionally.
- The Brussel spouts and shallot should be ready at the same time. Simple combine in a serving dish and give a good stir ensuring that you add the juices from the frying pan too!
This wonderful vegetable side dish will go well with any protein you fancy but here are a few of our top picks:-
This air fryer Brussel sprouts recipe is simple and delicious whilst still being healthy and good for you. Your friends and family will be amazed at you skillful cooking and you will have a had time getting rid of them!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other vegetable side dish recipes. Such as:-