Roasted Air Fryer Beets
Air Fryer Beets are a wonderfully tasty and super healthy side dish that are quick and simple to prepare. With just some olive oil and seasoning, this vegetable side dish can be cooked in just 15 minutes. These can be used as a side dish or even added to salads and soups. These air fryer beets are fantastically versatile.
Beets are a unique root vegetable that are packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, that also have a stunning color that can be used to brighten up any plate.
They have a naturally sweet and earthy flavor that can accompany any protein very nicely. They also pair well with many other vegetables. We love how well they complement grains too.
Beets are best cooked using a small amount of oil and without allowing the natural water content to evaporate. This keeps them soft without turning rubbery. This makes the air fryer the best choice for cooking these colorful root vegetables.
- 2 lbs raw beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder / paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Available On Amazon
For this recipe, you will of course need an air fryer. If you do not have an air fryer, or are thinking of upgrading your current appliance, then check out our air fryer review section here.
Some of our more popular air fryer reviews are:-
- Bella Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Emerald Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- First, we are going to prepare the beets. Start by removing the stem and leaves, then peel the beets until the outer layer has been completely removed. The last thing to do is cut them into small bite sized wedges, this will usually be quarters but may be eighths for larger roots.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, chopped dill, chopped parsley, garlic, salt, and black pepper, and give a good stir.
- Add your prepared bite sized wedges of beets to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Ensure that the beets are uniformly covered by the mixture.
- Place the seasoned beets wedges in a single layer at the bottom of your air fryer basket, leaving a small gap between them so that they don’t stick together.
- Air Fryer at 400°F (204°C) for 15-18 minutes.
- Give the basket a shake halfway through so that they don’t stick to the air fryer basket.
Try to cut all of the beets wedges to the same size so that they cook evenly. Just make life easier for yourself!
The best way to stop your hands getting stained is to peel your beets in a bowl of water. Also, don’t wear white while making this recipe just in case. Beet juice can be a nightmare to get out!
You can save the greens for salads, or even juices!
Roasted air fryer beets make a wonderful side dish that can go well with any protein. Whether it be meat or fish you can’t really go wrong. Here are some of our recommended favorites:-
This air fryer beets recipe also makes the perfect salad topper. This can be any type of salad such as a green salad, vegetable salad bowl or even a grain bowl. Our favorite is a grain bowl, and the recipe is shown below.
Beets, Mushroom, and Asparagus Grain Bowl Recipe
This is a nice quick healthy meal that can be thrown together at a moments notice using any leftovers you may have in your fridge. There are only a few ingredients in this dish but feel free to make any substitutions you like with whatever you have on hand.
- Air Fryer Beets
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Handful of Chopped Walnuts
- Quinoa (or any grain you prefer)
- Salad Dressing of your choice
Simply combine the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! What could be simpler?
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Can you store leftovers in the fridge?
Yes! Air fryer beets will keep well in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Can you store leftovers in the freezer?
Yes! Place your leftover beets on a baking tray and pop the baking tray into the freezer. Once these have frozen transfer them into a freezer bag. This stops the air fryer beets freezing into one giant clump. They will keep for up to a month.
Do you need to peel the beets before cooking?
Yes, the exterior of the beets contains chemicals that them taste bitter. This bitterness will infuse into the beets of they are not peeled beforehand. Try peeling the beets in a bowl of water to keep the mess to a minimum.
Which variety of beets should you use?
You can use any variety of beets you like! The cooking time and preparation method will be the same regardless.
Air fryer beets are a wonderfully healthy side dish that goes well with many dishes. They can also be used in salads or even soups. They are packed full of flavor as well as vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. An all-round winner on every front!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other favorite vegetarian dishes such as:-