There are few things on this planet that beat the tastiness and simplicity of a good baked potato! With a crispy skin filled with fluffy goodness you can’t go wrong.
Not only CAN you prepare this in an air fryer, but you SHOULD!
Using an air fryer is not only healthier, easier, and friendlier to your energy bills, but also tastes great.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 Medium-sized potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (whatever your preference)
- Salt (I prefer coarse salt, but table salt will work just as well)
- Crushed or powdered garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Toppings! This could be anything you like.
- Butter and black pepper
- Sour cream and chives
- Even a drizzle of coconut milk works well!
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry with kitchen roll
- Rub your cooking oil on the potatoes ensuring they are completely covered
- Season them with the salt and the garlic
- Place into your air fryer for 40 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius)
- At this point check to see if they are cooked, larger potatoes may need a few mins longer!
- Remove from the air fryer, slice them open and add your final toppings
Things to Note
There is no need to prick the potatoes with a fork. They will cook just fine without it, why waste your time?
Try not to overcrowd your air fryer. There needs to be enough room for them to breathe and crisp up. Lay them flat in the basket, try not to stack them.
And there you have it! Nice and easy, potatoes baked to perfection.
Remember, simple cooking is often the best eating!