How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
This air fryer asparagus recipe makes an awesome side dish as is definitely one of our favorites. This is a quick and extremely simple side dish that is packed with freshness and flavor that compliments any protein very well. Not to mention that it is a tasty way to improve the health of your normal meals.
Sometimes the simplest recipes end up being the tastiest. This air fryer asparagus is certainly firmly in this category. Asparagus has a natural freshness that few vegetables can match while the lemon juice makes this freshness pop for a wonderful, flavorful side dish.
Air frying is the absolute best way to cook asparagus. Producing soft and tender stems with crispy tips is not an effect that can be created using any other cooking method. This method also uses far less oil than frying or roasting making this side dish a much healthier version of those alternatives.
The health benefits of using less oil in cooking are well known at this point. It’s for this reason that the air fryer has grown massively in popularity over the last few years. However, this explosion in popularity has also led to an explosion in the number of appliances available. There are some excellent machines out there but unfortunately, there are also some terrible ones. Please check out our air fryer reviews section to avoid the bad ones. Here are some of our most recommended air fryers on the market today:-
- Brentwood Air Fryer Reviews
- Glass Air Fryer Reviews
- Toastmaster Air Fryer Reviews
- Chefman TurboFry XL Review
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Available On Amazon
For this recipe we are obviously going to need an air fryer. There are many wonderful appliances on the market today as well as some not so good ones. Whether you do not have an air fryer yet, or are looking to upgrade your current machine, we highly suggest you check out our air fryer reviews section to find your ideal air fryer. Click here to find out more.
- Start by preparing the asparagus. Remove the stalk end as this is usually dry and woody. Take approx. 2 inches off the stem then rinse the trimmed asparagus under the tap and pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Stir until the mixture has an even consistency.
- Add the prepared asparagus and toss until completely coated in the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Once the air fryer comes to temperature, add the seasoned asparagus stalks to the basket in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do multiple batches.
- Cook the asparagus for 8 minutes until they are tender with a crispy tip.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
One of our favorite asparagus dishes is to simply add shrimp for a perfect healthy lunch or dinner and is super easy to make.
This wonderful vegetable side dish will go well with any protein you fancy but here are a few of our top picks:-
This air fryer asparagus recipe is wonderfully tasty and super simple and quick. It will quickly become a weeknight staple to accompany any protein and your friends and family will always want to come round for dinner. You’ll have more trouble getting rid of them!
If you enjoyed this article, then why not check out some of our other vegetable side dish recipes. Such as:-